Waiting on Saturday

Monday, August 4, 2008

I have returned from my trip to Michigan. It was wonderful to spend time with my family, especially my DAD! Both little boys (Gabe and Jacob) are growing and turning into little MEN. It was so much fun to enjoy them and their parents. Dad's birthday was great - spending the afternoon at the fair watching the horse races with Marianne, Sharron and Dad. We laughed and laughed, especially at the older folks enjoying their FREE pie and ice cream. Then we got together with more of Marianne's family and Nancy's family to celebrate Dad's 86 years. It was a very special day.


Since August has arrived, I am waiting on two important things -- school and FINDLAY! Yes, he will arrive on Saturday after we pick him up from his breeder family. I am looking forward to meeting him and getting to know him. I am sure that you will hear more about the 'potty training' and 'obedience training' in the coming weeks. For right now, he is the cutest little baby boy yellow lab. That might change...but I sure hope not.

2 Comments:

Teresa said...

We had a lot of fun seeing you! Thanks for the new picture of Findlay. He is so precious. So happy to hear that you can pick him up on sat.

DeWitt Family said...

It was great to be able to spend time with you while you were in Michigan. Findlay is adorable!! Hope all the training goes well.

Always in our hearts.

Always in our hearts.
Carli Anne VanHeest (Nov 2000 - 19 May 2008)