Growing more confident

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We are in the 3rd week of enjoying Findlay Sol Maris VanHeest. He is such a great little puppy! His potty training is going very well, with only a few accidents. Now that I am saying that, he is probably pooping upstairs!!!

He is growing in personality, affection, attachment, humour and joyfulness each day. We watch as he explores his world inside and out. His big brother Koda is his absolute favorite animal in the world. Koda is a great big brother (are you listening JACOB??)...he tolerates Findlay's playground tactics for about 15 minute intervals. Then he just gets up and walks away. Today Cheyenne let Findlay lick her ears and eyes - for those of you who do not like the sound of that - it is a good thing!!! So, progress is being made every day.

I am bummed that next week school begins and I must return to a dose of reality. Clearly, I will need to come home a bit earlier to keep this pooch in check. I will miss him soooo much. On the leg front, the doctor said that I am "right on track but need to work on my tightness and flexion" today. He also said..."NO RUNNING UNTIL AFTER YOUR NEXT VISIT...IN OCTOBER!!!" :-(

OH WELL... God is blessing me daily with healing and love. Thanks again for all the prayers and keep them coming. I am NOT a patient person...especially to wait another month.

1 Comment:

DeWitt Family said...

Glad the little pup is doing so well. He couldn't be any cuter. Sorry about the running. Sounds like we will both be returning to running around the same time.

Always in our hearts.

Always in our hearts.
Carli Anne VanHeest (Nov 2000 - 19 May 2008)