0-70

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today I feel well enough to try and make another post. I figured that many of you would think that I just purchased a new car...one that goes fast quickly - 0 to 70 mph!! Well, I did not...


On Tuesday, I had my first Physical Therapy (PT) appointment. We did all sorts of fun things like measure how swollen my leg was, talk about the bruises, try and straighten it, try and bend it, try and make the muscles on the thigh contract. Yes, oh my - it was just a thrilling time. You see, my doctor's prescription is that I am able to contract my thigh - without assistance 3 sets of 10 times, plus be able to bend my knee from 0-90 degrees...zero being straight. I was tested and we worked on the bend and straightening...by the end of the session...0-70!!! That was supposedly really really good. I figure that I can now slack off for the remaining 3.5 weeks. I only need to get to 90 by the end of the 4 weeks of PT - seems pretty simple now!!!

I was going to show you a really nice picture of my leg - following stitch removal with the gross swelling and bruising. But, I decided that people might enjoy my newest IRIS blooms instead. I sure hope that you do. Thanks to all for cards, flowers, calls and emails. My life revolves around sitting on my BUTT reading cards, looking at flowers, reading and writing emails and taking calls - so thanks so so much. It is not the summer that I had planned... Guess that there are more lessons for me to learn along this journey.

0 Comments:

Always in our hearts.

Always in our hearts.
Carli Anne VanHeest (Nov 2000 - 19 May 2008)