Gardens Begin to BLOOM

Friday, April 25, 2008

It has been a long week filled with ups and downs. Carli continues to progress, but remains on a high dose of prednisone at this point. She has gained weight due to drug and it is all around her belly. This makes it difficult for her to move around and her back legs are sore and tired much of the time. She is very quiet and isolates herself a great deal. I am bringing her dose down again today - trying to get this lowered as soon as we can.


I have been back at the office each day this week. My attitude has struggled due to the regular interactions with people there. I am not ready to be OFF sabbatical YET!!! Once we get past graduation, I can be home most of the time...well, clearly that will be the case after my surgery anyhow.

The weather has been spectacular, in fact there is a fire danger due to low rain levels since the middle of April. My spring perennials are beginning to make the neighbors jealous and the postman back to photo snapping each day. Today is the first day of the tulips and the miniature hyacinth. They are just wonderful and make me feel so darn DUTCH!!! Proud to be a Dutch gardener for sure!








2 Comments:

Jayme said...

flowers looks nice, i am thinking of planting a few myself this weekend. tomorrow we are going to pick strawberries...can't wait!

DeWitt Family said...

Beautiful Flowers. Wish I had a green thumb.

Always in our hearts.

Always in our hearts.
Carli Anne VanHeest (Nov 2000 - 19 May 2008)