Tulip Time in Connecticut

Thursday, May 1, 2008

We have had tons of rain lately and cold temps. Last night we had another frost. My tulips are doing pretty well despite these weather obstacles. Today I have had two cars stop and people took pictures. How funny is that!!?? They are older folks driving around looking at people's gardens. I chatted with one of the couples. It was pretty fun!! I thought that I would show everyone the updates gardens. Not HOLLAND, but not bad for New England.




















As a quick update on Carli. She is still riding the health roller coaster. Her belly is filled with fluid - on Monday the vet took 1.5 liters from the belly to make her feel more comfortable. Bloodwork shows liver enzymes elevated, but they don't know why exactly. Could just be her low blood protein, could be the meds she is on right now, or could be cancer. I vote for the first or second option. Thanks for all the prayers - I can feel them. Keep them coming as we are not out of the woods yet. You can see her cute pink bandaide and her big ole' belly!!! She is a couple liters up!!!

1 Comment:

Teresa said...

Your tulips look great (better than some of the ones here). Our prayers are with you and Carli.

Always in our hearts.

Always in our hearts.
Carli Anne VanHeest (Nov 2000 - 19 May 2008)