saying goodbye...

Monday, May 19, 2008

The day has finally come that I had to say good-bye to my sweetest baby dog Carli Ann. She had two great weeks, but the last three days were not good at all. The cancer began to win...she continued to gain fluid in the gut, the legs and finally in the lungs. This morning, she went to heaven. Carli was 7 years old and was my most wonderful companion, my dearest snuggle dog and my running buddy. She lived a lifetime of love, both giving it to anyone she met, and receiving any love that people would give. Her time with me was so very short, but her impact on my life has been great. Carli has shown me many things, clearly God had a purpose when He brought her to me. I will miss her terribly, love her always, and do my best to learn from her sweet ways.

I thank all of you who prayed and walked this two month journey with me. Your love and support have lifted us up and I pray that you continue to do this as I begin to heal from her loss.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

sending many licks your way.

Always in our hearts.

Always in our hearts.
Carli Anne VanHeest (Nov 2000 - 19 May 2008)