9 months with Handsome

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yesterday was Findlay Sol Maris' 9 month birthday. Yes, he is a growing baby boy. You can see from the pictures that he is a far cry from the day he came to me last August. His personality continues to change, as he finds his place in my family 'pack'. He still wants to be the leader, but he is learning that trying to lead is not the happiest and best place for him.

He continues to become more and more handsome. As we go together on walks, people stop me to ask where I got him. Always saying he is so handsome. Mommy loves those times and he seems to act like he does too. He is also playing ball all the time and is happy to have the pool cover free from snow. It is fun to see him try and figure out the noise as he runs over it -- considering the ice is beginning to melt below the cover. I can't wait to have him swimming this summer. I think he and I will spend many hours in the water. We will work on walking out the steps again, as this was a 'trick' he learned well last fall.
Findlay and his two adopted siblings are not perfect. The pictures below show how he learned to open the frig when Mommy left him home out of his crate. Yes, my little sonshine is a smartie pants too. We will need to wean him to being home without mommy outside of the crate. That is one summer task for us both to accomplish. (Yes, that is SALAD and 1/2 n 1/2 on the floor!!!). He loved this week when I was on spring break. Being home more and able to take extra time for walks, snuggles and ball throwing in the yard. I think it is what summer will be like. And that is just fine by me.

1 Comment:

Jayme said...

ha! love the salad picture, reminds me of my sister's blog post last week when her boston terrier (as a puppy) got into the flour and syran wrap while they were gone. thankfully vinny never got onto the food!!

by the way, how big is findley's neck? perhaps he needs a new collar too...wink, wink!!

Always in our hearts.

Always in our hearts.
Carli Anne VanHeest (Nov 2000 - 19 May 2008)