Assignment Completed

Sunday, November 16, 2008

As many of you know, I have been planning our professional organization's fall meeting for the past 11 months. Yes - 11 months!! It has been a labor of love filled with joyful and somewhat less joyful moments. I just wanted to report that the event went very well. We had a record attendance just under 800 people. This is pretty good considering it is 80% of our total membership.

Our speakers are now gone, including those that stayed after the meeting to visit. I am about to head to grade some papers in bed...translated...fall asleep early. But wanted to say thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. They were essential in making me survive the meeting and the prep. I am also including a little photo of my newest toy... I am now officially the PRESIDENT of the organization...so I get to have a gavel!! How funny is that!!?? I might take it home at Christmas to keep the day 'orderly'.....

1 Comment:

DeWitt Family said...

Glad all went well!! Love ya and can't wait to see over the holidays

Always in our hearts.

Always in our hearts.
Carli Anne VanHeest (Nov 2000 - 19 May 2008)