Time, Extra Time...

Thursday, January 31, 2008


Sabbatical is an interesting thing. I was not sure what this would be like, having no real schedule and too much to do. I think that it means that I can be ahead on not only work things (well...research and meeting planning) but also normal life things.

As you can see, today was a busy day!! I did something almost two and a half months EARLY. Now, I am sure that the IRS people are going to have a heart attack when they see my tax returns coming in already in JANUARY. Normally they are watching them fly in at the absolute last minute. Yes, this is a much less stressful way to get things done. Bet next year it will again be at 11:55pm on the 15th of April.

Otherwise, this sabbatical thing is ok. Not really getting used to having no teaching or no "office" to be at every day. Trying to enjoy being home with the dogs and traveling places. Planning on visiting MICH again in Feb. Clearly, the dogs are loving me home. They enjoying making me go upstairs 35 times a day to go out and 'P'...it is now my new workout plan!

0 Comments:

Always in our hearts.

Always in our hearts.
Carli Anne VanHeest (Nov 2000 - 19 May 2008)